Sándor Muhits was a painter, industrial artist and teacher, one of the most important creators of the Hungarian Art Nouveau. He attended the School of Applied Arts in Budapest, where he taught from 1905. He became an artist known throughout the country with his illustrations. During the First World War in 1915 he was a Russian prisoner of war. After, he was able to continue his artistic activities as the artistic director of the Krasnoyarsk toy factory, and after 1917 as an organizer of graphic art schools in Moscow. He returned to Hungary in 1920 and between 1921 and 1925 worked as the leader and teacher of the artist colony in Miskolc. He was a member of KÉVE artist group. From 1935, he was appointed head of the textile department of the School of Applied Arts. In addition to decorative church paintings (Szeged Vocational Church, Zala, Bihar, Kunszentmárton), he also worked on ceramics, book illustrations and glass paintings (Marosvásárhelyi Cultural Palace).