Nelly (Kornélia) Timkó is an important female painter of the Hungarian post-impressionism. The first traceable step of her artistic activity was Nagybánya, where she worked between 1924 and 1927. After, she attended the Hunfarian College of Fine Arts between 1927 and 1933. Around 1970, she was an artist and exhibitor of Képcsarnok (Picture Hall). Some of her early paintings have recently entered the art market. Her works can be found in the collection of the Hungarian National Gallery.